June 19, 2012 at 1:36 am #177377
::EDIT:: Please continue to read after the winner’s announcement for an important note that will affect all future Weekly Challenges!
We had some really cute looks this week, but the stand-out this week was someone we felt really embraced the Aboriginal, dot-art inspired theme and interpreted it in a gorgeous, and highly skilled manner. Congrats to Marium (@marium)! The prize for random winner this week goes to Ela, (@choccolate91). Congrats again ladies, to claim your prizes, please contact @Mariella via private message with your email and mailing address.
There seems to have been a little bit of confusion lately over the rule requiring entrants to hold up a sign to authenticate their entry. Please understand, this provision was added as a measure of fairness- to safe-guard and ensure that challenge entries were being done for this challenge, and that photos truly belong to the person who posted them.
This week, we had a good number of entries that chose to add the requested info onto their their entry by writing it digitally, rather than holding a sign. As Mariella discussed on the thread, this doesn’t serve the same purpose as the sign, since anyone can take any photo off of the web and tag it with whatever info they like.
Because we understand that many of you are new to the forum, we decided choose our random winner from all entries- even those formatted incorrectly. PLEASE be aware that going forward, entries that do not adhere to ALL rules posted at the beginning of the thread will be disqualified from both the skill-based and the randomly chosen prize.
Here’s the scoop on this challenge:
Photos Compliments Of: ed101.bu.eduJune 20, 2012 at 11:34 pm #177589
- Challenge begins Monday, June 18th and ends Friday, June 29th at midnight EST
- Create your best Australian Aborigina inspired look
- Post photos of your look here in the forum
- Only 1 look per person, and the work must be your own
- Winner will be announced Monday, July 2nd
- Prize will be the fun Ciate Caviar Manicure
- The spirit of these challenges is to practice & create something new, thus to enter a look into a Weekly Challenge please create a look specifically for this challenge, i.e. do not upload a photo that was taken for another purpose.
- Do not edit or alter your images – images that have been altered will be disqualified.
- Only one entry/person. You may not create other user names to get out of this rule.
- Any entry that is suspected of violating these rules will be deleted, and the user disqualified. Repeat offenders will be banned from entering future competitions. If you have an issue with this, or believe you are not in violation of the rules, please contact Mariella or Jessica by pm.
- Two winners chosen: 1 for best look, and 1 at random, so everyone has a chance to win!
- This challenge is open to anyone of any age and from any country
- In one of your photos, please make sure you are holding a visible sign while wearing the makeup look that you are entering in the contest that says “MUG Weekly Challenge ___(insert challenge name)___ by ___(insert user name)___(date)___”
Sally ForrestMemberJune 21, 2012 at 7:37 am #177615
DaniduffymakeupMemberJune 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm #177668
THIS IS MY LOOK! I’M 13! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY WHO ENTERS!! ;D BTW. PLZ VIEW ALL PICTURE THANKS! x3 + COPY AND PASTE THE LINKS INTO ANOTHER BROWER SEARCH BAR ^_^
http://i46.tinypic.com/90c10m.jpg << THE IMAGE I TRIED TO REPLICATE
http://i48.tinypic.com/21dhk00.jpg << MY “ATTEMPTS” <<< vvv
http://i45.tinypic.com/2afd9ps.jpg << MY ” MUG WEEKLY CHALLENGE” SIGN PICTURE
http://i46.tinypic.com/35copw7.jpg << A PIC.. DUHH LOL x3
http://i48.tinypic.com/20hr32h.jpg << ANOTHER PIC LOL HEHE ^.^June 23, 2012 at 2:55 am #177839
nadinee101MemberJune 23, 2012 at 3:44 pm #177886June 23, 2012 at 3:47 pm #177887
katy russellMemberJune 24, 2012 at 7:28 am #177908
bill kan (venom)MemberJune 24, 2012 at 9:42 am #177919
Irina15MemberJune 25, 2012 at 12:19 pm #178073
This is my “Dot Art” inspired look!
After i saw the dot art painting given by admin in the top most of the forum under the challenge description, I felt every bit of the painting is only about dots… My version is little different as i made some designs by Dot!
So here we go,
This is the left side design with the side view of it.
Funny, But i wanted admin to see all sides :p
Here is front /Upper view.
And from now starts another side of the face
I know some of you may have came across with difficulties while figuring out that what the hell is this creature. But wake up guys it’s a butterfly (I know it look something different but for a change butterflies can be this)
I don’t know if guys can clearly see that i have used sort of glitters on lips too.
This look have been truly done by me without any help even,But i have not done this on my self this time..i though it will be better if the person hold that written MUG n all paper on which i have done the look!
Fingers cross! Hope you guys like the look! Happy Summer!!!!!!
All the very best to Muggy’s ))))June 26, 2012 at 9:34 am #178225
Marta GonzálezMemberJune 26, 2012 at 9:35 pm #178294
Ok… let’s start. Hallo everybody! First time posting (actually 3rd… photo uploading try doesn’t count).
Well.. Dot Art. Australian Aboriginal art… mmm *looking for inspiration*
To be honest when I read “Dot”, I thought: include dots on my makeup (duh!)…mm why not adding little “crystals”?? Let’s make it uniquel!
“Australian”: blue, red and white flag… hey! similar to Great Britain flag! Britain=PUNK! Punk RULZ!
And finally, my obsession with skulls must be shown on my first makeup (Yes, is my first makeup covering the whole face and I really have a lot of fun!! First time but of course not the last!)
Ok.. here we go:
MUG Challenge Week DotArt
Photographer: Victoria Koellner (My beloved girlfriend ~… she took these great photos for me! I’m really happy with them! ^-^ thank you my love!)
Makeup Artist and Model: Mel Nauta (mua.. ;P)
LOVE THESE FAKE EYELASHES!!!
And for the great finale… we work here with a new led light bulb we bought that change it’s colour.
…of coure I love more the side of the skull… I can’t help it >.<!
Hope you like it!! Enjoy! I did it!! =D
See ya!June 28, 2012 at 12:26 pm #178452
My firtst entery to challenge like this
Hope you like it.June 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm #178453
SORRY FOR A MISTAKE! “CHALLENGE”June 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm #178502
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.