MAC Shop MAC Cook MAC Collection Haul
Unable to view this YouTube video? Try this mirror instead.
Released online and in stores Thursday, February 9, 2012
This collection is the Spring 2012 collection from MAC Cosmetics and it features a plethora of products. I believe there is something in this collection that will appeal to every Makeupgeek. Read below for some of my thoughts on a few of the products that I was able to try out.
The lipsticks are my favorite part of this collection. I really love lipsticks and these are amazingly rich with color.
Innocence beware: Light yellow pink
A very light color, best described as “flesh toned” but it looks really good on the lips with a nice liner. It will be a great everyday nude color. It has a natural sheen to it and the cremesheen finish is lovely.
Naughty Saute: Bright Pepto Pink
Pepto is a great word to describe this color. It has great opaque color and is the perfect fun pink color for Spring and Summer.
Quick Sizzle: Bright Pink
This color surprised me. Not just because of its intense color but because it is a matte finish and it applies creamy and smooth. This is my favorite part of the entire collection, I highly recommend this lipstick if you can find it.
Woo Me: Light beige nude & Enchantee: Light blue pink
This was my first time trying out the kissable lipcolors and I must say they were just okay for me. The color was opaque but I found that it settled into the lines of my lips and appeared streaky. I recommend you exfoliate and moisturize your lips before using this product for sure.
Restores dazzle: Rich plum
This was my first time trying out the MAC Cremeblend blushes and I was nervous because I have very oily skin; however the product applied very well and gave me beautiful color. I love this blush with MAC Dirty plum layered on top, such a gorgeous look.
- Hypnotizing: frosty grey mauve (frost)
- sugar snack: light pink (matte)
- power boosted: violet (veluxe pearl)
- shop and drop: deep blue (satin)
Call be bubbles
- Call Me Bubbles Light tan (Satin)
- Fresh Daily Orange (Frost)
- Brash Frosty reddish copper (Veluxe Pearl)
- Full of Flavour Coral (Matte)
Colour Added Eyeshadow Quad
- Laundry Daze Light yellow (Satin)
- Colour Added Bright yellow (Veluxe Pearl)
- Self-Serve Deep grey (Satin)
- Pre-Packaged Muted turquoise (Veluxe Pearl)
Quads are always a nice buy for the price; however I had two concerns with this collection of quads. First in the Colour Added quad Self Serve eyeshadow has very poor pigmentation. In the pan it looks beautiful but it swatches horribly. Secondly, Shop/Drop’s eyeshadow Sugar snack is very powdery on my skin tone color. It would probably work on lighter skin makeupgeeks but not for women of color. Call be bubble is my favorite quad because Brash is a beautiful color!
Tendertone Lip Balm SPF 12
- Hush, Hush Sheer gold with yellow gold pearl (Repromote)
- Purring Sheer tangerine with pearl (Repromote)
- Hot ‘n’ Saucy Soft cherry red (Repromote)
- Tread Gently Soft lime green with yellow pearl (Repromote)
I have never understood the purpose of tendertones. I had hot and suacy a while ago ann honestly it was never used. I am a color on the lips person so sheer products do not interest me but after testing out all of these, I think I am in love. They are really pretty and they do add a lil something to the lips.
- Al Fredo Bright acid green (Creme)
- Salad Dressed Mid-tone dirty aqua (Creme)
- Kid Orange Coral (Creme)
I am not a big fan of mac nail polishes. I think they lack in quality. These shadows did streak and took about 3-4 coats to be opaque.